The last Think Rich Pinoy Wealth Seminar was held last Saturday February 9, 2013 at Enderun Colleges in BGC Taguig City. Yours truly was again given an opportunity to serve in the TRP Wealth Seminar last Saturday. My husband was in the technical while I was the timekeeper. We also facilitated during the Cash Flow 101 Board Game.
There were two new speakers namely Leila Hernandez, Author of the 9 to 5 Millionaire Book and Edmund Lee, Research Analyst of COL Financials.
Below are the lessons I have learned and Noted from the speakers:
1. Bro. Bo Sanchez ( The Theology of Money)
• Our Financial Life can be divided into 3 phases:
o Phase 1: Desert Experience (Not Enough)
o Phase 2: Desert with Manna Experience (Just Enough)
This is addicting but never gets addicted to it. We need to learn how to move to the next phase.
o Phase 3: Promised Land Experience (More than Enough)
• Money is everywhere. The Purpose of Wealth is to help others.
• Value your Financial Education. Free is not good. “Kailangan may taya”.
2. Sir Larry Gamboa ( Scaling up your Real Estate Start Up)
• Action brings clarity.
• Make your 1st step.
3. Eden Dayrit Alemania (4Fs – FIND it, Fund it, Fix it, Flip it)
• Accumulate More properties for passive income
• If you are jobless, you need a co-borrower for a bank loan.
4. Ronald Cagape (Numbers in Real Estate)
• When still starting and still building capital, do buy and sell.
• If with available capital, buy an income generating property.
• Remember that you make a profit when you buy.
5. Edmund Lee (Investing in Real Estate through the Stock Market)
• Investing is a need – For Retirement and to beat Inflation
• The key in choosing a stock is Management (CEO).
• Currently, stocks of Real Estate Companies are not yet bullish.
• Tip: The Next Walmart - Puregold ;)
6. Leila Hernandez (9 to 5 Millionaire – A Real Estate Start up)
• If you invest in paper assets, you are like a Virtual Business Owner
• Loan Refinancing have an added cost but can be waived depending on our relationship with our banks.
• It is not advisable to invest in a lot that you will use for your dream house in the future. Better to invest the money in an instrument that can give you a high gain then buy your dream house in the future in CASH,
• Her advise:
o Hold on to your current job and do your best
o Do your investing after work (weekends).
• The key is Discipline and Integrity.
Being a servant in the TRP seminar for almost 2 years really changed my life. Every now and then, there are new things to be learned. I learned by serving. Indeed, every seminar is different not only because of the topics discussed and new speakers but also because of the people I meet. It also gave me a feeling of fulfillment knowing that I was able to be part of the TRP vision of creating millions of Filipinos by 2020.
I also want to quote Sir Larry on One of the Secrets of the Winners is their Commitment to Mastery. Keep on learning. Invest in your financial education. If you think Financial Education is Expensive, Try Ignorance. ;)
I hope to see you in the Next TRP seminar on April 06,2013. I am not sure if I can still serve that time because it will be just few days before I give birth to our latest blessing.
May our Dreams Come True!