Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Parents are Responsible for their Children

As I was reading the Bible this morning, this verse caught my attention.

2 Corinthians 12: 14-15
 "Here for the third time I am ready to come to you. And I will not be a burden, for I seek not what is yours but you. For children are not obligated to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?"

My reflection on this is we, parents, are responsible for the needs of our children. We need to provide their needs and not oblige them to provide for us when we are old. We need to prepare everything for our retirement so as not to burden them. Because by the time we are old, they will be responsible for their own children.


No comments: